Index Your Files is an alternative way for you to Index and Search through all your files or folders on Local or Networked Drives.
With plenty of stats about your files and various ways to manipulate them, Index Your Files will provide an extremely user-friendly and powerful way to manage your information.
Searching can be done by Name, Date, Size, Location, within the found file results. Use Boolean operators to perform multiple keyword searches.
Use Windows Explorer context menus on found files. Use drag and drop, copy, rename, delete.
Find your files and show them to you. View file content for found files text, html, and graphics files. The [RESULTS DISPLAY] will display the filetypes using an internal viewer, which saves time and greatly simplifies the process.
Index Your Files will save you time and make your work with a computer more pleasant.
IYF can automatically update the indexes at any time selected , or at any regular time , or time interval.
Using the file contents display means that it is not necessary in actual practice to make a gigantic index which indexes *every word*.
For the person who works in many directories [folders] in the course of a day, the entire day's work can be displayed in the found files window, allowing quick checking for accuracy or review. One window will display the search results from many different folders.
The indexes formed are compacted and do not take up nearly as much space as similar products. Can be running in the System Tray with less memory than it takes to open another Explorer window.
Index Your Files does not contain any malware, or similar, and does not write to the registry.
- Instantly search files by name, date, size, or wildcards
- Support for Boolean operators
- Arrange results by name , folder, extension, date, size
- Search in various directories or LAN resources
- Easy to use, Explorer like user interface
- Database management (create several databases)
- Taskbar icon for quick access
- Easy & Fast Search Engine - Easy & Fast Index Engine
- Index & Search in Background
- Full Information Search and Index
- Compress - Database Index
- Drag & Drop
- Context Menu Shell Extensions
- View common filetypes within search window
For example : displays .pdf . swf .htm .html .jpg .png .txt ...
- Run from Memory Stick
- Search Mode MS-DOS
- Work with Large Font > 96 dpi
- Search Text Inside Files
- Search MP3 Tag
- Search Photos ( Make, Model, ISO, Exposure, F Number ... )
Easy, Small, Portable App and Powerful
- One Executable
- No DLL
- No Change to Windows Registry
- Small Size (0.9MB)
- Supported Operating System
- Windows NT 4.0 2000 XP Vista 7 - Linux ( Wine )